Thursday, January 24, 2008

I love you Seattle!

In response to strong feelings I've been having for a long time, as well as Rachel's post about New York, I'm giving voice to how much I LOVE SEATTLE! I always love Seattle, but sometimes I go through phases when I love it sooo much that I think I'm going to explode!!

It has been really really beautiful here for the past week, with perfectly clear skies and crisp cool air. The mountains have been amaaaazing. Here's what I love: that there are mountains to the west and mountains to the east, Mt. Rainier to the south and Mt. Baker to the north. I love that there is water all around Seattle. Yesterday I went to THE SPACE NEEDLE with Kolin, Myke, and Louis G and it was fabulous because all of us were so excited to be there. We went around sunset and the water and the mountains and the city were glorious.

This is Mt. Rainier, and she is so wonderful. She is 14,411 feet tall. The Native American name, Tahoma, means "mother of waters." She has a wide influence over many Washington institutions; for instance, Rainier Beer!
I always feel really special when I think about how I'm a Pacific Northwest (PNW) native. There's something very distinct about the region, and how the air feels and how the water smells and how everything looks! It makes me want to explore all over the Puget Sound and camp and boat and hike and carve things out of wood.

2 comments:

MOLLY said...

i miss seattle a lot

i liked carving sticks when i'm there

i miss steph

Rach said...

you brought a smile to my face when you mentioned my ny post! and i really wanna visit seattle, maybe this summer?!